Σάββατο 23 Νοεμβρίου 2013

Vasilis Polyzos, excerpt (3) from nasciturus : between the tv set and paradise


 
   
    excerpt (3) from nasciturus


…………………………………………………

what autumn leaves?


before departure I opened
the old trunk in the loft
breaking its bronze hasps
freeing the entrapped harpies
buried deep in autumn leaves
leaves of lost books 
of rusty dreams

then I anchored myself
between the tv set and paradise
lipreading Beatrice reciting Boccaccio
nobody can unravel the sea untravel the sky
said uncle Dante

 I live in purga-  she lives in -torium he said
we’re back to back I daresay
we’re back to where we started

then I roamed the silent streets
garnished with limbless trunks of truncated soldiers
what could I do or undo
considering the nervous ticking of the clock
it’s time gentlemen
give or take a few heartbeats
give or take the boom boom of
forgotten futile massacres
or the boom of the markets
or the sharp song of the shrapnel
echoing the rhyme of heroic coupling
echoing the verses of heroic poetry folios
echoing the laughter of
the unrepentant follies

………………………………………………..



νέα ποιήματα
excerpt (3) from
nasciturus
©Βασίλης Πολύζος
2013

Emil between the TV set and Paradise
a portrait by Vasilis Polyzos 2013

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: